Thursday, December 9, 2010

Health Issues

This is getting more serious than just wanting to lose weight because I want to wear slutty dresses again.
I feel like crap and probably feel 10 times my age because I haven't been taking care of my body =(

I have been having weird chest pain for the past few weeks. I thought it might just be me sleeping weird or something so I kind of wrote it off. But then my breathing didn't feel clear...

So I went to the doctor yesterday... I have Costochondritis and Pleurisy. Basically the lining of my chest wall and lining of my lungs are inflamed. Which comes back to the point that I am 99% sure I have inflammatory disease of my entire body but they have no way to run test for that. Area's around my joints and lining of my body are always tender to the touch, it sucks. And my foot and knee issues with tendinitis are pretty much the same thing. So he gave me 800mg Ibuprofen to help with the pain and inflammation. But nothing else they can really do, it just has to go away on it's own. Eating better and being healthier will help this, cause fatty foods cause inflammation. So I guess this is my bodies way of telling me I need to get with the program. Not to mention the heartburn mediciation that is costing me $30 a month... I know if I ate better I could be off that as well.

Researchers link inflammation to illness in overweight people...
Inflammatory macrophages (stained brown) surround a fat cell, targeting it for destruction, within the fat tissue of a mouse chronically fed a high-fat diet.

Normally, inflammation is healthy, a part of the body's fight against infections. But when it happens in response to obesity, it can contribute to numerous ills, such as fatty liver disease, type 2 diabetes and atherosclerosis, says Anthony
Ferrante, a medical professor at Columbia whose research focuses on obesity's affects.

Researchers are beginning to understand the ways in which being overweight or obese contributes to a downward spiral of inflammation that can trigger heart disease, diabetes and other ailments.
Two recent papers help explain the connection. In one, published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation, researchers at the University of California-San Francisco and the Gladstone Institute found that specialized white blood cells exposed to large amounts of saturated fats became inflamed. When the researchers genetically engineered cells to be able to hold more fat, the inflammation didn't happen.


 I'm tired of feeling like crap. It's time to get serious... everytime I stick something in my mouth I just need to think, Is this worth it? It never is...

No comments:

Post a Comment